JIW JOB CALLS
(2) Short calls for WK Jennings to 3M at 620 & 2222. Short calls will begin at 69 on Book I
(3) Regular calls for Alterman to Fayetteville Power Plant
(2) Regular calls for Atlerman to DelValle ISD
(1) Regular call for Able Elect to McDade TX
(1) Regular call for Rose Elect to Epic Piping, 2301 N. IH35 in San Marcos
(4) Regular calls for Big State to Riata
(3) Regular calls for WKJennings to Tito’s Vodka
(4) Regular calls for JS Elect to report to the shop for numerous AISD projects
There will be a Drug and Background check for all AISD calls
(1) Regular call for Able Elect for a Solar job in Yoakum TX
(1) Short call for Able Elect for a solar Job in Yoakum TX
(2) Short calls for WKJennings to 3M/183
You must have your Drivers license, SS Card, and State License
(2) Regular calls for Alterman to the Domain
(1) Regular call for Able Electric to report to the Shop (McDade TX )
(2) Short calls for WKJennings to 3m at Hwy 183 (Short calls begin at#26 on BKI)
1 Regular call for Alterman – Fayetteville Power Plant
1 Regular call for Alterman – Whole Foods Culinary Relocation
1 Regular Call to Alterman – Domain
1 Regular Call to Alterman – Fayetteville Power Plant
1 Regular Call to JS Electric – Shop
1 Regular Call – Alterman – Fayetteville Power Plant
1 Regular Call – Alterman – Shop
I.B.E.W. LOCAL UNION NO. 520
Journeyman Inside Wireman
EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2017
Notification to All Registrants on the Available for Work List
The Business Manager is responsible for filling calls in a timely manner as needed by employers.
1. All applicants must personally sign the availability for work list at either the Local Union hall in Austin or in San Angelo. The applicant's last termination slip must be presented prior to signing the availability for work list.
2. All applicants shall re-sign monthly, beginning on the 10th and ending on the 16th of each month. Failure to do so results in the applicant's name being removed from the list.
3. Re-sign may be accomplished by mail, fax, email or in person. These methods will be recognized provided they are timely. Failure to do so results in the applicant’s name being removed from the list.
4. Only the applicant listed is eligible to accept a work call.
5. Any applicant for employment who is rejected by a contractor will be reinstated to his/her place within his/her group.
Normal Dispatch Hours – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Day Book – You must be present to receive a referral.
6. Roll-Call sign-in shall begin at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
7. Dispatch will begin at 7:00 a.m. starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
8. If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 8:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours (including the lunch hour).
9. Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.
10. When an applicant accepts a work referral, his/her name will immediately be removed from the out-of-work list.
11. An applicant who voluntarily quits a job, or is discharged, regardless of the length of time worked, shall lose his/her place on the list and must re-sign at the bottom of the available for work list.
12. An applicant who accepts a referral and is accepted by the employer and who works more than five (5) days shall not retain his/her place on the available-for-work list.
13. The business manager will not be required to give the expected length of any job to an applicant.
14. In the case of an emergency, a referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
15. If an employer requests manpower to be dispatched, it shall be considered an assignment of work for the applicant and that the applicant has been employed according to the Agreement.
16. Any applicant accepting a “short call” of forty (40) hours or less, shall retain their position on the out-of-work list. A short call may be extended an extra forty (40) hours upon approval by the business manager.
17. An applicant may sign the out-of-work book either at the Local Union hall in Austin during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, or at the San Angelo hall during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, excluding holidays.
18. An applicant who believes they have been placed in the wrong group (Group 1, 2, 3 or 4) shall bring it to the attention of the dispatcher prior to roll call. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to provide documentation to support their claim.
The following modifications to the Dispatching Rules apply to calls in Zone III ONLY:
- You must be present at either the Local Union hall in Austin, or in San Angelo to receive a referral that day.
- Roll-Call sign in shall begin at 7:30 a.m. and close at 8:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
- Dispatch will begin at 8:00 a.m., starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
- If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 9:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours.
- Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.
The following Dispatching Rules shall, in addition to those listed above, apply to the Maintenance Agreement, ONLY:
- An applicant accepting a referral under the Maintenance Agreement shall not be eligible to transfer to a project being done under the Inside Agreement. However, any applicant who is dispatched to a project being done under the Inside Agreement may be transferred to a project being done under the Maintenance Agreement and then back to any project being done under the Inside Agreement.
- Applicants may be called by name and/or resume.
- All applicants for referral are hereby notified that terms and conditions of the Inside Agreement may not apply to work covered by the Maintenance Agreement.