NO CALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(4) Regular calls for JS Electric to Carts, a State License and Drug Test, OSHA 10 will be required.
1 Regular Call to Rosendin at ABIA. This call requires OSHA 30.
(1) Regular call for Fisk to ABIA Day Shift
(2) Short Calls for JS Electric to the University Of Texas CPE Building
(1) Regular call for Elk to Texas Mutual
(1) Regular call for Fisk to ABIA Day Shift
(4) Short Calls for JS Electric to the University Of Texas CPE Building
(2) Regular calls for Elk to Texas Mutual
(4) Regular calls for JS Electric to the University of Texas CPE.
(3) Regular calls for Fisk Electric to ABIA day shift
DISPATCHING RULES - LOCAL UNION NO. 520 I.B.E.W.
EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2017
Notification to All Registrants on the Available for Work List
The Business Manager is responsible for filling calls in a timely manner as needed by employers.
1. All applicants must personally sign the availability for work list at either the Local Union hall in Austin or in San Angelo. The applicant's last termination slip must be presented prior to signing the availability for work list.
2. All applicants shall re-sign monthly, beginning on the 10th and ending on the 16th of each month. Failure to do so results in the applicant's name being removed from the list.
3. Re-sign may be accomplished by mail, fax, email or in person. These methods will be recognized provided they are timely. Failure to do so results in the applicant’s name being removed from the list.
4. Only the applicant listed is eligible to accept a work call.
5. Any applicant for employment who is rejected by a contractor will be reinstated to his/her place within his/her group.
Normal Dispatch Hours – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Day Book – You must be present to receive a referral.
6. Roll-Call sign-in shall begin at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
7. Dispatch will begin at 7:00 a.m. starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
8. If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 8:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours (including the lunch hour).
9. Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.
10. When an applicant accepts a work referral, his/her name will immediately be removed from the out-of-work list.
11. An applicant who voluntarily quits a job, or is discharged, regardless of the length of time worked, shall lose his/her place on the list and must re-sign at the bottom of the available for work list.
12. An applicant who accepts a referral and is accepted by the employer and who works more than five (5) days shall not retain his/her place on the available-for-work list.
13. The business manager will not be required to give the expected length of any job to an applicant.
14. In the case of an emergency, a referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
15. If an employer requests manpower to be dispatched, it shall be considered an assignment of work for the applicant and that the applicant has been employed according to the Agreement.
16. Any applicant accepting a “short call” of forty (40) hours or less, shall retain their position on the out-of-work list. A short call may be extended an extra forty (40) hours upon approval by the business manager.
17. An applicant may sign the out-of-work book either at the Local Union hall in Austin during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, or at the San Angelo hall during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, excluding holidays.
18. An applicant who believes they have been placed in the wrong group (Group 1, 2, 3 or 4) shall bring it to the attention of the dispatcher prior to roll call. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to provide documentation to support their claim.
The following modifications to the Dispatching Rules apply to calls in Zone III ONLY:
- You must be present at either the Local Union hall in Austin, or in San Angelo to receive a referral that day.
- Roll-Call sign in shall begin at 7:30 a.m. and close at 8:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
- Dispatch will begin at 8:00 a.m., starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
- If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 9:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours.
- Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.
The following Dispatching Rules shall, in addition to those listed above, apply to the Maintenance Agreement, ONLY:
- An applicant accepting a referral under the Maintenance Agreement shall not be eligible to transfer to a project being done under the Inside Agreement. However, any applicant who is dispatched to a project being done under the Inside Agreement may be transferred to a project being done under the Maintenance Agreement and then back to any project being done under the Inside Agreement.
- Applicants may be called by name and/or resume.
- All applicants for referral are hereby notified that terms and conditions of the Inside Agreement may not apply to work covered by the Maintenance Agreement.