CW/CE JOB CALLS
A Strike System is in Effect
Before you bid a call you must be on the Out of Work Book
All Bids must be submitted between 4PM and 6AM If bid is won you must respond to confirmation E-mail by 8AM the day of bid.
To Bid a call Press the Job Bid Button
If you are not in the system you can still post a bid by sending an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
Subject: JOB BID
Job Bids will only be accepted between the hours of 4PM and 6AM
Do not bid on jobs if you are not available to work the day of roll call.
If the online Referral process is not completed promptly you may become
ineligible to receive the dispatch and lose online bidding privileges.
You may also be Dispatched in Person.
Roll call for JIWs goes out at 6:30AM and will be Pulled at 7:00AM
Roll call for CW/CE’s goes out at 7:00AM and will be Pulled at 7:30AM
Online Job Bids will only be accepted between the hours of 4PM and 6AM4/9/2021 ..
Code of Excellence Can be taken 3-4 times a week Schedule your class with the Dues Secretary
(1) CWH Brendalen Industrial for Texas State
Currently working some overtime
State License OSHA 10 required
I.B.E.W. LOCAL UNION NO. 520
CONSTRUCTION WIREMAN / CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN
EFFECTIVE May 3, 2021
Notification to All Registrants on the Available for Work List
The Business Manager is responsible for filling calls in a timely manner as needed by employers.
1. All applicants must personally sign the availability for work list at either the Local Union hall in Austin or in San Angelo. The applicant's last termination slip must be presented prior to signing the availability for work list.
2. All applicants shall re-sign monthly, beginning on the 10th and ending on the 16th of each month. Failure to do so results in the applicant's name being removed from the list.
3. Re-sign may be accomplished by mail, fax, email or in person. These methods will be recognized provided they are timely. Failure to do so results in the applicant’s name being removed from the list.
4. Only the applicant listed is eligible to accept a work call.
5. Any applicant for employment who is rejected by a contractor will be reinstated to his/her place within his/her group.
Normal Dispatch Hours – 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Day Book – You must be present to receive a referral.
6. Jobs are open for on-line bidding from 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
7. Roll-Call sign-in shall begin at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:30 a.m. daily when calls are available.
8. Confirmation emails for online bids will go out starting at 7:30 a.m. They must be picked up at the Hall by 10:00 a.m.
9. Registrants will be placed on one of three (3) Books, depending upon their classification. Classifications CW-01 to CW-03 will be listed on Book I. Classifications CW-04 to CW-06 will be listed on Book II. Classifications CE-01 to CE-04 will be listed on Book III. On each Book, registrants will be listed according to their sign-date.
10. Book I registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting Low Level CWs. Book II registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting Mid Level CWs. Book III registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting High Level CEs.
11. Dispatch will begin at 7:30 a.m. starting with Book I, followed by Book II, then Book III.
12. If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 8:00 a.m. and remain open until 10:00 a.m.
13. When an applicant accepts a work referral, his/her name will immediately be removed from the out-of-work list.
14. An applicant who voluntarily quits a job, or is discharged, regardless of the length of time worked, shall lose his/her place on the list and must re-sign at the bottom of the available for work list.
15. An applicant who accepts a referral and is accepted by the employer and who works more than five (5) days shall not retain his/her place on the available-for-work list.
16. The business manager will not be required to give the expected length of any job to an applicant.
17. In the case of an emergency, referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
18. If an employer requests manpower to be dispatched, it shall be considered an assignment of work for the applicant and that the applicant has been employed according to the Agreement.
19. An applicant may sign the out-of-work book either at the Local Union hall in Austin during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, or at the San Angelo hall during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, excluding holidays.
20. A "strike" will be in effect when calls go unfilled for more than 48 hours. When all calls are filled within 48 hours for a period of 10 days, the "strike" system will be suspended.
21. Registrants who could have been referred for work, but did not respond either by signing the day sheet or by using the web-based bid system will be issued a turndown.
22. Registrants will be allowed two turndowns without penalty and be rolled completely off the book after the third turndown.
23. An applicant who believes they have been placed on the wrong Book shall bring it to the attention of the dispatcher prior to roll call. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to provide documentation to support their claim.
The following modifications to the Dispatching Rules apply to calls in Zone III ONLY:
- You must be present at either the Local Union hall in Austin, or in San Angelo to receive a referral that day.
- Roll-Call sign in shall begin at 7:30 a.m. and close at 8:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
- Dispatch will begin at 8:00 a.m., starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
- If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 9:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours.
- Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.