CW/CE JOB CALLS
- January 16, 2019
- January 15, 2019
- January 14, 2019
- January 11, 2019
(1) JIW call for Mather Electric to Fairview Elementary in Copperas Cove TX
(1) Medium CW for Mather Electric to Fairview Elementary in Copperas Cove TX
(2) Low CW’S for Navejas Electric to Apple Riata off Palmer Ln (NIGHT SHIFT AT 10%)
- January 9, 2019
NO CALLS ………..
- January 8, 2019
NO CALLS for JIW’S
(1) Medium CW for Big State
(3) High CE’S for Big State
- January 7, 2019
(3) Regular calls for Low to Medium CW’S for Big State
(5) Regular calls for Medium to High CE’S for big State
- January 4, 2018
(1) Regular call for Rosendin to Town Lake Board Walk
(1) Regular call for Ampology Electric to the Heart Of Austin out at the Airport
(1) Medium Level CW for Ampology Electric to the Heart Of Austin out at the Airport
- January 3, 2019
(1) Regular call for Rosendin to report to the shop
- December 31, 2018
(1) Regular call for Rosendin to report to the shop
(2) Short calls for KA Electrical Contractors out of Dallas for a lease space in Cedar Park
(2) Short Calls for High End CE’S to KA Electrical Contractors out of Dallas for a lease space in Cedar Park
I.B.E.W. LOCAL UNION NO. 520
CONSTRUCTION WIREMAN / CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN
EFFECTIVE September 1, 2018
Notification to All Registrants on the Available for Work List
The Business Manager is responsible for filling calls in a timely manner as needed by employers.
1. All applicants must personally sign the availability for work list at either the Local Union hall in Austin or in San Angelo. The applicant's last termination slip must be presented prior to signing the availability for work list.
2. All applicants shall re-sign monthly, beginning on the 10th and ending on the 16th of each month. Failure to do so results in the applicant's name being removed from the list.
3. Re-sign may be accomplished by mail, fax, email or in person. These methods will be recognized provided they are timely. Failure to do so results in the applicant’s name being removed from the list.
4. Only the applicant listed is eligible to accept a work call.
5. Any applicant for employment who is rejected by a contractor will be reinstated to his/her place within his/her group.
Normal Dispatch Hours – 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Day Book – You must be present to receive a referral.
6. Roll-Call sign-in shall begin at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:30 a.m. daily when calls are available.
7. Registrants will be placed on one of three (3) Books, depending upon their classification. Classifications CW-01 to CW-03 will be listed on Book I. Classifications CW-04 to CW-06 will be listed on Book II. Classifications CE-01 to CE-04 will be listed on Book III. On each Book, registrants will be listed according to their sign-date.
8. Book I registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting Low Level CWs. Book II registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting Mid Level CWs. Book III registrants are eligible for referral to job calls requesting High Level CEs.
9. Dispatch will begin at 7:30 a.m. starting with Book I, followed by Book II, then Book III.
10. If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 8:00 a.m. and remain open until 10:00 a.m.
11. When an applicant accepts a work referral, his/her name will immediately be removed from the out-of-work list.
12. An applicant who voluntarily quits a job, or is discharged, regardless of the length of time worked, shall lose his/her place on the list and must re-sign at the bottom of the available for work list.
13. An applicant who accepts a referral and is accepted by the employer and who works more than five (5) days shall not retain his/her place on the available-for-work list.
14. The business manager will not be required to give the expected length of any job to an applicant.
15. In the case of an emergency, referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
16. If an employer requests manpower to be dispatched, it shall be considered an assignment of work for the applicant and that the applicant has been employed according to the Agreement.
17. An applicant may sign the out-of-work book either at the Local Union hall in Austin during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, or at the San Angelo hall during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, excluding holidays.
18. An applicant who believes they have been placed on the wrong Book shall bring it to the attention of the dispatcher prior to roll call. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to provide documentation to support their claim.
The following modifications to the Dispatching Rules apply to calls in Zone III ONLY:
- You must be present at either the Local Union hall in Austin, or in San Angelo to receive a referral that day.
- Roll-Call sign in shall begin at 7:30 a.m. and close at 8:00 a.m. daily when calls are available.
- Dispatch will begin at 8:00 a.m., starting with Book I, followed by Book II, followed by Book III, then Book IV.
- If calls go unfilled during normal dispatch hours, referral sign-in will begin again at 9:00 a.m. and remain open during normal business hours.
- Dispatch will remain open until all jobs are filled for that day.