JOB POSTING: ORGANIZER
Local 520 is looking for a talented and motivated individual to help grow our strength.
- To conduct broad and intensive outreach efforts to non-union workers.
- To building one-on-one relationships with workers.
- To identify, recruit and develop worker leaders.
- To conduct individual and group meetings with workers to move organizing campaigns forward.
- To engage, motivate and mobilize workers to take action.
- To plan and carry out actions and events to support worker organizing efforts.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to learn the organization’s technology tools.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Willingness to conduct work site and home visits.
- Strong planning, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and an automobile for business use.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required.
Applications are available online or at:
IBEW Local Union 520
4818 East Ben White Boulevard, Suite 300
Austin, Texas 78741
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
No experience necessary we will train the right candidate.
Salary starts at $1,472.00/weekly (50 hours at current JIW hourly rate)
Benefits and Compensation: Health insurance, annuity, mileage, and company phone
**Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Applications will be accepted through March 18, 2020, and interviews will be held on March 23rd.